WAPCOS Limited is a “MINI RATNA” Public Sector Enterprise under the aegis of the Union Ministry of Water Resources. Incorporated on June 26th, 1969 under the Companies Act. 1956, WAPCOS provides consultancy services in all facets of Water Resources, Power and Infrastructure sectors in India and Abroad. With recent amendment in its Articles of Association, WAPCOS has geared itself to provide Concept to Commissioning services for developmental projects across the globe.
An ISO 9001:2008 certified, WAPCOS always strives to provide state-of-the-art technology, cost effective solutions and on-time implementation and delivery of projects to its clients across the world.
Apart from India, WAPCOS has successfully completed/on-going consultancy assignments abroad in more than 50 countries and is currently engaged in providing consultancy services in Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Burundi, Cambodia, Chad, Central African Republic, Chad, DR Congo, Ethiopia, Ghana, Kenya, Lao PDR, Mozambique, Myanmar, Nepal, Nigeria, Rwanda, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Sri Lanka, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Yemen and Zimbabwe.
WAPCOS is registered with several international funding agencies such as:
- World Bank
- Asian Development Bank
- African Development Bank
- Japan Bank for International Cooperation
- United Nations Office for Project Services
- “SCOPE Meritorious Award” for “Corporate Governance”.
- ‘Top Performing CPSEs’ “MoU Excellence Award”.
- “SCOPE Award for Excellence and Outstanding Contribution to the Public Sector Management – Smaller PSE Category”.
- 44th National Export Award for “Excellence in EPO Services”.
- Water Awards : Best Consultancy Company in Water Sector for outstanding contribution in the Field of Water in India.
- PSE Excellence Award-2012 for “Best Human Resource Management”
- Official Language Vaijanti Cup’ for Excellent Implementation of Official Language
- Second Prize for in-house quarterly magazine ‘WAPCOS DARPAN’.
- 43rd National Award for Export Excellence-“Star Performer-Projects Export”.
- “National Award for Excellence in Cost Management”.
- The Times of Africa “Excellence Award” during 27th Indian Achievers’ Summit on “Global Business Opportunities”.
- EEPC India Star Performer National Award for Outstanding Contribution to Engineering Exports.
- EEPC (Northern Region) Export Award - Star Performer for Engineering Services (Medium Enterprise).
- Millenium National Rajbhasha Shield Samman and National Rajbhasha Magazine Shield Award.
- “Rashtriya Rajbhasha Patrika Shield Samman”.